Making tennis safe and open to all
Westcliff Lawn Tennis Club acknowledges the duty of care to safeguard and to promote the welfare of children and adults at risk. The club is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice and LTA requirements. A copy of the club’s full Safeguarding Policy is available on the Safeguarding notice board, the club’s website, and from the club’s Welfare Officer.
The club’s Safeguarding Policy recognises that the welfare and interests of children and adults at risk are paramount in all circumstances. This policy together with the club's Diversity and Inclusion Policy aim to ensure that regardless of age, ability or disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, socio-economic background everyone:
- has a positive and enjoyable experience of tennis at Westcliff Lawn Tennis Club in a safe and inclusive environment
- is protected from abuse whilst participating in tennis
Westcliff Lawn Tennis Club acknowledges that some children, young people and adults with special needs and or from ethnic minority communities, can be particularly vulnerable to abuse, and we accept the responsibility to take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure their welfare.
We have 5 core principles which we aim to comply with in order to promote both safeguarding and equality:
- We have a Safeguarding Policy and a Diversity and Inclusion Policy; both apply to every member, all coaches and visitors
- We encourage children and adults to create safe and inclusive tennis environments
- We prioritize safe and inclusive recruitment, induction, training and support
- We protect every child and adult's personal and confidential information
- We address safeguarding and discrimination concerns immediately
This includes "Reporting a Concern" form.
Welfare Officer: Margaret Rimmer